Zen Dog Teas - Chinese Puerh Tea Shou / Ripe - Tea Cake - Cooked Puerh Gushu 12.6 Ounce (357 grams)
Zen Dog Teas Shou / Ripe Puerh is compressed into a cake for ease of travel, storage and aging. It brings to mind the old Tea Horse Road of a thousand years ago when pu'erh tea cakes were transported from China by horse and foot to Tibet. Tea was used as a form of currency to exchange tea for horses. Now days the tea has gained a cult status, for tea enthusiasts and connoisseurs alike. Pu'erh tea enhances a meal, and is know for detoxification benefits. Drinking this tea is like witnessing a tangible wave of peace and transcendance wash over you; allowing all that does not serve you, to simply wash away. This is a living tea that becomes more mellow and smooth with age if properly stored.
- Zen Dog Teas Shou / Ripe Puerh Cake; compressed large leaf varietal of Camellia Sinensis; Lincang, Yunnan Province, China
- Hand picked; 500 year and older; Gushu ancient wild tea trees; organic; old growth forest; 500 to 1000 year old trees
- Natural qi energy; health benefits; detox; aids digestion of fats, may reduce cholesterol; may enhance metabolism; may soothe a hangover
- Fermented tea; microbial; dark; aged; earthy; unique flavor profile due to terroir; deep roots; minerals; flora and fauna; deep flavor; smooth; mellow; traditional processing; sun dried; cooked; shou pureh; perfectly suited to Himalayan butter tea; peak power in mountainous environment; high quality nourishment; make a power smoothie; climb like a Sherpa
- Vintage spring 2019; sun dried; rich in content; can be aged for decades; smoother with age; properly stored